Evening Tea

The day was almost over at university. It was a Friday and its hardly someone stayed the weekend. Everyone had something to do at their homes and if someone stayed, its either for a date or to complete an assignment.

Having to hit the road at 5pm felt like heaven until I saw the sun. It was yellowish bright and penetrating. It was quite hot and so less appealing for a long 2 hour journey on the from Katubedda to Kadawatha.

On my was a long conversation with my dad about various thing which almost covered pretty much everything he had in the week. It was sweet and pleasing, until he almost drove over someone else going sideways. This is something usual, which always helps us to switch topics and have long conversations.

On the way he always remembers Molly, our little doggy girl who's waiting eagerly to have some supper. We took some buns from a Bun Lorry on the way and came home. It was the bun that helped us to get our Molly down from our shoulders. She was happy, amazed and cheered up by our presence.

Going into the house and to my room, all I feel is the warmth of the room being closed for 5 days, no air no human. At my table is the tea cup I drank 5 days back with dried ants on it. My minds stops at this sight, all that stays is another cup of tea, to be kept left for the next week. This is evening tea.


Comments

Popular Posts