What Gavels Means To Me!!

Back in 2009 I had a science teacher who use to beat the hell out of us for muttering "ah" and "um" during our presentations. Well fortunately or unfortunately we had to make a presentation on a big paper and present the rest of the class everyday. And well there was rarely a one who got away from a cane beat.

Well it was the year we have our O/L exams and years passed by then. It was tiring day that I came home from my CIMA class by bus. In the bus I met my good friend Kaushalya who told me that "Machan join the Gavel club it's good". Well though I had no idea as to what it was I said "Ok definitely". The time passed and I didn't even bother Googling what Gavel meant.

Semesters passed and in my second semester my friend Dinuka told me about Gavel and told me that they evaluate us individually and I can improve my speaking skills. Well I strongly felt joining the club remembering the ridiculing past I had with my science teacher in school. I said "Ok" to him as well and actually it took another semester for me to join the club. But here I am at the Gavels club improving my skills on a stunning daily basis.

Well I learned a quite a lot of lessons throughout my journey to Gavel and within Gavel club itself.
  • Postponing good opportunities lead opportunities to postpone reaching you.
  • Thins that look so interesting comes at a great cost.
  • those who do, do win.

Comments

Popular Posts